Join The Friends of Colt Creek on Sunday, April 26th from Noon to 4:00 PM for an afternoon of fun and food and GET TO KNOW COLT CREEK STATE PARK!
- Wildlife Education, activities provided by our friends from Circle B Bar Reserve
- Canoeing & Kayaking provided by Colt Creek State Park
- Butterfly display & education by Linda & Buck Cooper
- Fishing & fishing instruction provided by FFWCC & Natural High Adventures Fishing Club
- Bike Safety Rodeo, bike & helmets provided by Auburndale Police Department
- Hiking, Biking & Horseback Trails, maps provided by the Park
Special guest Smokey The Bear will be on hand to visit with the children. Tram rides, horseback rides, hiking, geocaching, butterfly displays, fishing, casting contest, canoeing, outdoor educational activities, and a free BBQ lunch!
Colt Creek State Park, the latest State Park was established right here in Polk County. This 5,067-acre property borders the Green Swamp Wilderness Area. Pine forests, open pasture and cypress create an excellent mix of habitat for creatures and visitors alike! Bike, horse and hiking trails available as well as canoes and kayaks to paddle the lakes.
This is a great event for the entire family, and admission is just $4.00 per vehicle (the regular State Park
Colt Creek State Park is located at 16000 State Road 471 in Lakeland. For more information visit www.floridastateparks.org/park/colt-creek or call 863-815-6761.