Lunch & Learn: Growing and Cooking with Common Herbs
Jan 4, 2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Learn how to grow herbs in Central Florida and how to use them in the kitchen. UF/IFAS Extension experts will teach you what herbs to grow each season and provide some tips and tricks for preserving and preparing foods. A food demonstration will incorporate herbs into a healthy, easy-to-prepare dish.
Lunch & Learn Series
Gardening in Florida is very different than in other parts of the U.S., but can be productive and fun if you know how! Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales is proud to partner with the University of Florida's IFAS Extension Service to provide programs that enable Florida residents to learn the best practices and methods to garden successfully in this unique environment.
Bring your favorite lunch, picnic in the Gardens, or opt for a fresh choice from the Blue Palmetto Café. All Lunch & Learn events are included with general admission and free to members.
- September 7 - The Secrets of Antique Heart Cypress
- September 21 - Florida-Friendly Landscaping
- October 5 - Exploring Cuba
- October 19 - Natural Products for Pest Control
- November 2 - Proper Pruning
- December 7 - Holiday Color with Plants