History Center Lunch & Learn Lecture Series
Oct 17, 2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The museum invites guests to bring lunch and listen to a guest speaker on the third Tuesday every month. Lectures will begin at 12:15 and last 30 - 45 minutes.
The 2017 series runs January through November.
- January 17 - Florida Founder William P. DuVal: Frontier Bon Vivant
- February 21 - All Aboard! A History of Florida’s Railroads
- March 21 - Building Polk County - Architect E.C. Hosford’s Lasting Impact
- April 18 - African-American Education in the Jim Crow South
- May 16 - Polk County Historical Commission : Reflecting on 80 Years of Preserving Polk’s History and Heritage
- June 20 - Florida Cattle Ranching: Five Centuries of Tradition
- July 18 - The Way We Worked : Labor and Florida History
- August 15 - Our Story, Ourselves: Telling Your Family’s Story
- September 19 - Understanding the role of DNA testing in Genealogy Research
- October 17 - The Carillonneur and the Archivist : Behind the Scenes at Bok Tower
- November 21 - Medical Services in Polk County - People, Places and Peculiarities
*Presenters are subject to change. Please contact the History Center at 863-534-4386 to confirm.
Watch our video about the History Center below.