History Center Lunch & Learn Lecture Series
May 15, 2018
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The museum invites guests to bring lunch and listen to a guest speaker on the third Tuesday every month. Lectures will begin at 12:15 and last 30 - 45 minutes.
The 2018 series runs January through November.
- January 16 - Florida's Constitutional Revision Commission
- February 20 - The Great Florida Cattle Drive
- March 20 - Oh, Florida! How America's Weirdest State Influences the Rest of the Country
- April 17 - Natural Resource Reclamation at Circle B Bar Reserve
- May 15 - Pirates & Privateers
- June 19 - Backcountry Trails of Florida: A Guide to Hiking Florida's Water Management Districts
- July 17 - Communities of the Kathleen Area
- August 21 - Nature's Dozen: Key Moment's in Florida's Environmental History
- September 18 - Propaganda and Promise: Polk County Prepares for World War I
- October 16 - Gopher Tortoises and Indigo Snakes: Restoring the Long Leaf Pine Forest
- November 20 - A History of the Third Seminole War
*Presenters are subject to change. Please contact the History Center at 863-534-4386 to confirm.
Watch our video about the History Center below.