Night Hike at Se7en Wetlands
Nov 20, 2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Se7en Wetlands is a large constructed treatment wetland that receives ALL of the City of Lakeland’s wastewater. This water utility has been in operation for more than 30 years and was just recently opened to the public. Se7en Wetlands is home to many creatures, both big and small!
Join UF/IFAS Extension Polk County staff for a night hike at Se7en Wetlands for a walk on the wild side. Learn more about nocturnal animals and the adaptations they use to survive and thrive in the dark. You will use our nighttime senses on this guided two mile hike into Se7en Wetlands.
This hike is limited to 15 participants and registration is required.
Want to learn more about Se7en Wetlands? Visit: www.lakelandgov.net/wetlands
- This hike will take place on uneven terrain in the dark. Participants will not be allowed to use personal flashlights but red-lighted flashlights will be provided for use during the event.
- Participation in the safety talk is required for participation. Attendees who are late, and miss the safety talk, will not be allowed to participate.
- Closed toe shoes are required and sturdy walking shoes or hiking boots are encouraged. This will be a mild nature walk, but participants must stay together for the duration of the event. Leaving early is not an option, except for emergencies.
- Please bring any emergency first-aid medications you may need, like an epi-pen or inhaler, with you.
- This event is family friendly and open to all ages; however, participants should be in good health and capable of hiking for two miles. All youth under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.