Spring Bloom Festival at Bok Tower Gardens
Feb 1, 2019
- Apr 15, 2019
Ring in the spring blooming season with a visit to Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales. Their annual Bloom Festival is dedicated to highlighting the cultural and horticultural arts. Spring Bloom Festival celebrates Mother Nature with a full calendar of events and beautiful floral displays in each room of Pinewood Estate.
During Spring Bloom Festival, visitors can observe more than 150 varieties of camellias and hundreds of azaleas along with nun’s orchids, irises, coral bean, Mexican flame vine, and other flowering plants as they create an explosion of color throughout the Gardens. Guests are encouraged to return throughout the bloom season to experience Mother Nature’s ever-changing palette of colors— and to take plenty of pictures.
Spring Bloom Festival Tours
Volunteer garden guides lead visitors on a walking tour, sharing information about the flora and fauna, with tours leading from the Visitor Center to the Singing Tower.
Pinewood Estate will blossom with specially designed floral displays located throughout the 20-room, Mediterranean-style 1930s winter retreat. The estate is open for historical tours daily for an additional fee.
Mondays – Fridays at 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m., and Sundays at 2:00 p.m., January 4 - April 14.
More than 150 varieties of camellias and hundreds of azaleas along with nun’s orchids, irises and other flowering plants provide an immersion of color at the Gardens from late fall until late spring.
Full Schedule of Events
Tai Chi in the Gardens: Saturday mornings through April 6, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Yoga Dance: February 5, and March 5, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Your Central Florida Lawn: February 13, 12-1 p.m.
- For the Love of Chocolate: February 14, 1-2 p.m. and 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Valentine’s Day at Pinewood Estate: February 14, 6-8 p.m.
- Bok After Dark “Valentine’s Day”: February 14, 5-8:30 p.m.
- Time for a Change Meditation Retreat: February 16 and March 23, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- The Earth Keepers Secret Gratitude Ceremony: Ancient Ways for Modern People – February 16, 5-8 p.m.
- Children’s Meditation & Yoga Retreat: February 17 and March 31, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- President’s Day Carillon Concert: February 19, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Tea Time at Bok Tower Gardens “Teas of Bok Tower Gardens”: February 20, 1-2 p.m.
- 90th Anniversary Carillon Classic 5K Run/Walk: February 23, 7:30 a.m.
- Acrylic Painting Class with Cathy Futral: February 23, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace with Marcus Brixa and Josh Dampier: February 24, 12-2 p.m.
- Natural Basket Making: March 2, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Fermenting Condiments and Pickles: March 2, 1-3 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace with Vintage Road: March 3, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Gardening in the Shade: March 6, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Bok After Dark “80s Night”: March 8, 5-8 p.m.
- Vegetable and Herb Gardening for Central Florida: March 9, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace with Delaney Dew “St. Patrick’s Day Weekend Celebration: March 16, 12-2 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace with Mrs. Murphy’s Chowder “St. Patrick’s Day Weekend Celebration”: March 17, 12-2 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day Carillon Concert: March 17, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Family Camping Adventure: March 16-17
- Edible Plants “Eat the Invasive Weeds”: March 20, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- 90th Anniversary International Carillon Festival: March 20-24
- Tea Time at Bok Tower Gardens “Tea for Stress Relief”: March 20, 1-2 p.m.
- Bok After Dark “International Carillon Festival”: March 20, 5-8 p.m.
- Farm to Table Dinner with Chef Amy Freeze “Best of Brinner – Breakfast for Dinner”: March 21, 6-8 p.m.
- The Insect Jungle in Your Backyard: March 27, 12-1 p.m.
- Hammock Hollow Fairy Fest: March 30, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Spring Bloom Wine Walk: March 30, 2-5 p.m.