Southern Regional Show Ski Championships
Jun 23, 2018
- Jun 24, 2018
The Southern Regional Show Ski Championships will be held June 23-24 at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Park on Lake Silver in Winter Haven. Water ski show teams and individuals will perform in competition to be named best in the Southern Region.
Water ski shows are themed performances with music, choreography and acting combined with traditional show acts such as: ballet on water, freestyle jumping, barefoot skiing, clown routines, and of course the impressive human pyramid. Each team adds their own creativity and unique talent to the competition. In the team competition, judges from the National Show Ski Association (NSSA) consider the flow, execution, difficulty and spectator appeal of the 13 acts in each show which, combined with elements of the overall show, determine the winner. Each team has one hour to perform their show.
Teams competing will be the host team, the Cypress Gardens Water Ski Team, Winter Haven; the Lakeland Water Ski Club, Lakeland; the Carolina Show Ski Team, Charlotte, N.C.; the Tampa Bay Water Ski Show Team; and current National Show Ski Champions and defending Southern Region Show Ski Champions, the Sarasota Ski-A-Rees.
Individual competitions feature Swivel Ballet, Tandem Doubles, Team Jumping and Barefoot Endurance. All except barefoot endurance are judged on the NSSA standards of execution and difficulty.
Saturday, June 23
- 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: Individual Swivel Competition
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Doubles Competition
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Cypress Gardens Water Ski Team On-Water
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Lakeland Water Ski Team On-Water
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Carolina Water Ski Team On-Water
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Individual Freestyle Jump Competition
Sunday, June 24
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Tampa Water Ski Team On-Water
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Sarasota Ski-A-Rees Water Ski Show Team On-Water
- 12:30 p.m. Team Jump Competition 1:15 p.m.: Barefoot Endurance
- Award Ceremony immediately following the conclusion of barefoot endurance.