The BIG Event - a Celebration of Lakeland!
Nov 12, 2016
4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce presents a new, city-wide signature event - one exceptional day in Lakeland! The iconic and historical Lake Mirror Promenade is the perfect backdrop for local fun.
On Saturday, November 12, RUN or WALK to the Red Ribbon Half Marathon, 5K & Kids Run from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., then celebrate the race and experience the best of Lakeland from 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. at The BIG Event!
The BIG Event is a free, public, family-oriented celebration featuring local live music, food & drink, Kids Zone, Business Expo, Makers & Artisans Row, and more - truly representing Lakeland and its people.
- Weather for Strangers is about the little things and appreciating them while they last. Raw, real, and always kind, Weather for Strangers is an addictive sound that will leave you dancing in moonlight like a vagabond, always craving more.”
- Founded in 2015, Fount is a Folk/Americana band from Lakeland, FL. Fount recently celebrated the release of their EP “Moving On Songs” in August. They are sometimes described as Post-folk, or Indie-folk.
- On The Avenue serves up a well-balanced blend of true-to-life lyricism, R&B flavor and memorable Rock guitar licks.
- Apollo Under Fire - AUF is a band that strives to reach the soul. In a day and age where we seem content to focus our attention outward, AUF is using music to look inward.
- The BIG Event kicks off at 4:00 pm with the Red Ribbon Run Corporate Team Awards!
- Special Salute to Veterans presented by Green Construction at 4:30 pm at Brew Hub Main Stage!
- Girl Scouts of West Central Florida Troop #70698 will present the colors.
- Award for the Winner of The BIG Event Art Poster Contest presented by the Bank of Central Florida and display of artists submissions.
- En Plein Air Painting demonstration with the Lakeland Art Guild!
- Special Water Ski Show with the Lakeland Water Ski Club!
- Special appearance by the Florida Tropics Soccer Club following their BIG Game on Friday, November 11th!
- Bounce and slide at Lakeland Moonwalk at the Kids' Grassy Area! Face-painting by Dayna O'Brien with Party Express and balloon magic by Mike the Balloon Guy. Meet Elsa from Frozen!