Create a picture-perfect guest experience every time as a Certified Ambassador of Tourism and Sports (CATS).
Who are CATS?
Visit Central Florida’s CATS can be anyone!
- Anyone passionate about Central Florida is invited: whether you’re a longtime resident, new resident, or a snowbird.
- Hospitality Industry Professionals: Hotel concierges, restaurant servers, Uber drivers, local attraction employees … anyone who comes in contact with guests.
- CATS are experts on Polk County attractions. They are pioneers in hosting Polk County to visitors. CATS are people who are proud of the experience Polk County has to offer and wants to share Central Florida with the world.
What is CATS?
C.A.T.S stands for Certified Ambassador of Tourism and Sports.
- The CATS program is open to anyone that wants to learn more about Polk County and the influence we have on tourism and visitors.
- This program:
- Makes locals more proud to call Polk County home
- Helps boost county revenue by enticing more visitors
- Helps share our home with the world.
- Educates the hospitality industry and locals
- Is the first of its kind to unify visitor experience on a county wide level
Why become CATS?
Why should you become a Certified Ambassador of Tourism and Sports?
- Learn more about Polk County with sessions and tours
- You love Central Florida and want to share it with others
- Become local Polk County experts
- Get better acquainted with the hospitality industry
- Become a master of hospitality in your own backyard: Polk County
- The CATS program is an opportunity to learn exactly what Polk County has to offer visitors.
- Networking opportunities
- Receive a CATS certificate
- Receive a CATS pin
How to become CATS?
Become a Certified Ambassador of Tourism and Sports in just 6 steps!
- Attend a Training Session
- Attend a Guided Walking Tour
- Accumulate 15 Points
- Utilize Social Media
- Complete Online Modules
Registration is the first step!
- Register Now!
- Registering secures you a seat in one of Visit Central Florida’s monthly, fun, interactive hour-long CATS Training Sessions.
- Pay a small registration fee of only $10 and get started now!
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Please call the Visitor Center at (863) 420- 2586 a week prior to your Training Session to process your payment.
- Learn how to enhance your company or business with CATS and custom training sessions
- Please contact Visit Central Florida’s Education Coordinator, Savannah Rudolph at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call the Visitor Information Center (863) 420-2586
Pick a CATS Training Session location and date!
Book a CATS Guided Tour now!
- Now it’s your turn; be your very own tour guide!
- Experience local places, events and activities of your choosing!
- Places, events and activities are all ranked. By having fun and exploring local places, events and activities you earn points that go toward your CATS!
- Please see Visit Central Florida’s Vacation Guide
- Review CATS Point Guide
- Please email Visit Central Florida’s Education Coordinator Savannah Rudolph for this guide
- An issue will be provided during your training session
- Points are easy to obtain! From the Top 5 attractions to museum visits and even visiting your favorite stores and restaurants!
- Here’s your new favorite excuse to have fun!
Tell the world!
- Show friends and family your new amazing experiences via social media!
- Follow us and stay informed!
Make it official!
- Learn how to better enhance visitor experience!
- Complete brief online modules and easy multiple choice exams
- Complete two 45-minute training videos with scenario quizzes.
- “The Power of One: Creating Memorable Guest Experiences in the Sunshine State”
- “Resolving Guest Conflict”
- Complete each course with a 10-question, multiple choice exam