You may be coming to Auburndale, Florida to play lacrosse or baseball at Lake Myrtle Sports Park, so we’re here to tell you what else you can do while in this adorable town.
Yes, there’s a large sports park that hosts 45-50 events each year, but Auburndale is also home to Pizza Connection, Sweet Magnolia’s Tea Bistro, Peeble’s Bar-B-Que and the Auburndale TECO Trail.
Our 10 Favorite Things To Do in Auburndale
- Dig into Southern Tomato Pie or a Margarita Salmon Salad at Sweet Magnolia’s Tea Bistro. Sweet Magnolia’s also serves Afternoon Tea with fresh fruit, scones and Devonshire, mini-croissant sandwiches and tidbit desserts.
- Let your kids wear themselves out while running, climbing and sliding at the playground downtown.
- If barbecue is your thing, you can’t miss Peebles Bar-B-Que. Open Thursday – Saturday, Peebles is an Auburndale institution and is even highlighted in Garden & Gun Magazine’s Best of Hidden Florida feature.
- Take a step back in time during a visit to Auburndale’s Historic Baynard House Museum. Built in 1894, the house is can be toured by appointment or during one of the city’s special events.
- Take a stroll or ride along the Auburndale TECO Trail, a 5.5-mile multiuse trail passing through Lake Myrtle Sports Park. If you're traveling with dogs, let them make new friends at the dog park, located near the TECO Trail trailhead.
- Eat pizza cut into squares at Pizza Connection, another Local Favorite. Insider Tip: Order your pizza well done for crispy cheese.
- Enjoy a locally brewed beer, wine and a Neapolitan pizza at BrewPOP Brewery. This is a family-friendly brewery.
- Watch race cars drive in circles at Auburndale Speedway most Saturday nights, from February – November. Classes include Sportsman, Street Stock, Modified Minis, Mini Stocks, and Strictly Stock.
- If you’re here in January, plan to attend Polk County’s only comic book festival – City Con. The two-day event includes an expo, gaming, double-creature features, a Cosplay contest and Superhero’s Ball.
- Cool off with a milkshake from The Shake Shoppe, right across the street from the downtown park. They also serve hot dogs, hamburgers and pork sandwiches.
The Auburndale Chamber of Commerce can provide additional information about the area.