- 900,000+ Sq. Ft. of Event Space
- 100,000+ Sq. Ft. of Event Space at the RP Funding Center
- 6,800+ Hotel Rooms
- 3,200+ Hotel Rooms within 5 Miles of the RP Funding Center
- 7,000+ Vacation Condos & Homes
Ease of Transportation
Located in the geographic center of Florida, the region offers a variety of transportation options for attendees and vendors:
- Most meeting venues and hotel properties are located less than 40 minutes from two international airports (Orlando International and Tampa International), which offer direct flights from hundreds of international and domestic destinations. Charter flight access for planes ranging from corporate jets to commercial airliners is available through the Lakeland Linder Regional Airport.
- A major transportation hub, Polk County is known as the “Crossroads of Florida” due to its proximity to the key east/west and north/south highways in the state.
- Close to the major metropolitan cities of Orlando and Tampa, without the big city traffic headaches.
- Short drives to all of the attractions that may entice attendees to turn their travel plans into a “bleisure” trip with their families, but far enough away that those same attractions are not a distraction during your meeting sessions.
- Less than 30 minutes to Walt Disney World Resort
- Less than 40 minutes to Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens
- Less than 50 minutes from the Gulf and Atlantic Coast beaches
Central Florida offers one of the widest ranges of meeting facilities in the Southeast and meeting planners will find the distinctive venue solution for events of all sizes and budgets. The region’s largest meeting venues include a newly renovated 100,000 square foot convention center, an award winning four-star golf resort with more than 25,000 square feet of meeting space, to a 2,700 acre expo campus that is home to the largest convention held annually in the state of Florida.
Looking for something a little unique? Why not host your meeting or offsite event at the largest dude ranch east of the Mississippi, or amongst exotic animals at “One of the Ten Best Safari’s in the US” or amongst the colorful blooms at one of Florida’s original tourist attractions.
Need help making that tough decision on the perfect venue; be sure to visit our meeting venue pages.
Tightening budgets and rising costs are ongoing issues that conference and meeting planners are faced with every year. The perpetual dilemma is how do you improve on your last conference and make next year’s event bigger, better and more entertaining, with the same, or smaller event budget? Central Florida’s Polk County has several distinct cost-saving advantages when compare to other destinations:
- All conference centers and meeting venues are non-union
- The variety of accommodation offerings allows for planners to choose host properties that meet all attendee budgets
- Accommodation rates that are 10-30% less than beach destinations, theme park resorts or major metropolitan cities.
- Smaller market equates to lower cost of goods, services, entertainment and food and beverage pricing.
With more than 7,000 hotel rooms and another 7,000 professionally managed vacation rental homes, Central Florida’s Polk County can meet the accommodation needs of most events. If your group prefers major hotel brands within close proximity or even a few steps from our convention center; we have exactly what you need. Does your corporate group require a four or five star experience with a spa for post meeting relaxation; we can help with that. Looking for a unique boutique hotel that is on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, that overlooks one of the picturesque lakes in “downtown” Lakeland; we have you covered. Do you have a group that has a sense of adventure and is looking to try glamping under the stars; we have the luxury teepee for you!
Things to Do
Before the Keynote Address, or after the Closing Reception, Central Florida’s Polk County is jam-packed with fun things for your attendees to do and see. The region offers something for everyone, including Florida’s newest attractions, LEGOLAND Florida Resort and Safari Wilderness. Visitors looking for inspiration in creative works often visit the largest one-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright’s architecture at Florida Southern College, or immerse themselves into the exhibits at the Polk Museum of Art.
Central Florida’s Polk County is home to some of the best preserved natural areas in Florida with 554 lakes, 37 nature parks and preserves – spanning more than 25,000 acres of environmental lands. With 120 trails covering more than 375 miles, the trail systems of Polk County provide nearly limitless opportunities to admire the region’s beauty on foot, by bicycle, while paddling or on horseback. Known as the “Largemouth Bass Capital of the World” outdoors enthusiasts looking for bragging rights try to land a trophy class bass on one of the area’s abundant lakes.
Despite the small town look and feel of the region’s town and cities there is a growing culinary scene that is a revelation to new visitors to the area. Lakeland’s Brazilian Gastropub, Post 9 was named the Top New Restaurant in Florida in 2017 and within two blocks of the city square attendees will find restaurants featuring steaks, pizza, sushi, Cajun, BBQ and Mexican fare, to name a few. Artisanal brewers are making their mark on Central Florida with Winter Haven’s Grove Roots Brewing Company’s tasting room utilizing locally sourced citrus, in addition to, Lakeland’s Brew Hub, which offers a unique co-operative brewery that brews craft beers for several different partner brewers, offering as many as 30 different craft beers on tap.
The Visit Central Florida team offers a comprehensive list of complimentary services to assist in the planning, promotion and execution of your successful meeting. It does not matter if you have 20 or 2,000 attendees, your event is important to us and we are fully committed to making it a success. Whether it is our financial incentive program that assists in making your budget go farther, or working hand-in-hand with our accommodations and meeting venues to help coordinate and implement your vision. We are the local extension of your conference planning team, and we can provide that inside connection to our destination, its unique places and its people.
Other destinations may purse the large marquee events such as major professional championships and large conventions that draw thousands of attendees, leaving the smaller meetings and conferences to play second fiddle. In our community your event takes center stage and you are the star of the show. Contact us for even more reasons why Central Florida’s Polk County is the ideal destination for your next meeting!
Visit Central Florida’s Pledge to the Success of Your Event
Visit Central Florida is your partner in planning and executing a successful conference.
Let us serve as your local advocate and shoulder some of the burden of planning your event—our services are always complimentary
- Our hands-on convention/meeting staff will partner with you throughout the planning and execution of your event
- Our pledge is that you will not be handed off or passed along to several different staff members or departments
- We’ll help you discover and execute authentic experiences
- RFP distribution to only qualified meeting venues, accommodations and off-site event locations
- Recommendations for the ideal off-site venues, golf courses, restaurants and attractions for your event
- Source reliable suppliers for services needed for event execution (transportation, caterers, rental equipment, etc.)
Safety and Security
- Customized emergency and crisis management plan developed for your event(s)
- Facilitate planning meetings and event participation by local police, fire and health care providers
- Your direct connection to civic, political, education and industry leaders
- Oversee the collection of support and welcome letters, guest speaker requests and locally sourced entertainers
- Strong network of nonprofit organizations for social responsibility projects
- Develop spouse/guest itineraries and opportunities for attendees to extend their conference stay for an unforgettable bleisure experience
- Destination branding and welcome signage, street banners, merchant discount programs, etc.
Site Inspection Services
- Facilitation and planning of FAM and site selection trips
- Development of trip itinerary and confirmation of all appointments, venue site visits and supplier meetings
- Staff-escorted venue and site visits
- Travel expenses provided (based on event size)
- Discount ticket packages to theme parks and attractions throughout Central Florida
- Digital media and social media promotions
- Provide assets to promote the destination including photography, videos, web banners, customized web landing pages, maps, destination guides and custom destination collateral
- Public Relations outreach, media messaging, joint press releases, etc.
- Coordination of Central Florida Diplomats of Tourism (DOTS) and volunteer groups for:
- Registration support
- Meet-and-greet services
- Welcome desk/hospitality
Central Florida’s Polk County
Perfectly positioned for your next conference or meeting
900,000+ Sq. Ft. of Available Event Space
6,600+ Hotel Rooms
- 10+ new projects in development adding 900+ rooms
3,000+ Hotel Rooms within 5 Miles of the Lakeland Center
7,000+ Professionally Managed Vacation Condos and Homes
Ease of Transportation
- <40 minutes to two international airports
- Little to no big-city traffic headaches
- Geographic center of Florida and a transportation hub
- Affordable accommodations
- Non-union conference facilities
- Low cost of goods, services and entertainment
Close to All the Attractions—Far Enough That They Are Not a Distraction
- <35 minutes to Disney
- <40 minutes from Universal and Busch Gardens
- <60 minutes to Gulf and Atlantic beaches
100,000+ Sq. Ft. Lakeland Center
- $14 million renovation underway
- New meeting spaces with maximized flexibility
- Improved pre-function, informal and non-traditional meeting spaces
- Enhanced guest experience
Epitome of Exclusivity—Streamsong Resort
- 22,000+ sq. ft. conference center
- 216 luxurious rooms
- Unique grotto inspired full-service spa
- Two top-20 “Best Resort Courses” in the US
- Highly acclaimed restaurants
New Winter Haven Conference Center and Field House
- Currently in design phase
- Estimated completion late 2018 or early 2019
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lakeland
Westgate River Ranch Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway
Everything you need to host a memorable event
Extraordinary Venues and Unforgettable Adventures
Experiences, not Express Lines
- Sun ‘n Fun Expo Campus
- 2,700 acres
- 270,000+ sq. ft. of indoor space
- Home of the largest convention in Florida—200,000 attendees
- Fantasy of Flight
- 62,000 sq. ft. of indoor space
- Aviation museum
- Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium
- $40 million renovation completed 2017
- Several hospitality and event venues
- Winter home of the Detroit Tigers
- Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture
- Florida Southern College
- Largest one-site collection of his architecture in the world
Authentic, not Animatronic
- Safari Wilderness
- Named “10 Best Safaris in the U.S.”
- 260+ acres
- 14,500 sq. ft. of indoor space
- Bok Tower Gardens
- 150+ acres of gardens
- 12,000 sq. ft. of Indoor space
- 6,400 sq. ft. outdoor kitchen and edible garden
- Westgate River Ranch
- 1,700-acre western-themed “dude ranch”
- 10,000 sq. ft. of indoor space
- Weekly rodeo and numerous outdoor activities
- Accommodations range from hotel rooms to cabins and glamping
Fresh Local Flavor, not National Chain Fare
- Growing culinary scene of down-home eateries specializing in
- Farm-raised beef, pork and poultry
- Fresh seafood
- Craft breweries
- Enchanting fine dining
- Wide variety of ethnic offerings including Cajun, Asian, Indian and other cuisines
Lakes and Trails, not Blacktop and Traffic
- 40 golf courses
- 550 freshwater lakes
- Trophy bass fishing in the “Largemouth Bass Capital of the World”
- Paddling trails and limitless kayak and canoe opportunities
- Paddleboarding, flyboarding and waterskiing
- 390+ miles of trails
- Mountain biking
- Cycling and multi-use
- Outdoor paradise
- Circle B Bar Reserve — one of the “51 Great Places to See Wildlife”
- 11 environmental preserves
- 5 wildlife management areas
- Two state parks and one state forest
- Hundreds of parks, gardens and green spaces
Unlimited possibilities limited only by your imagination!
There is never any charge for our services.
Financial incentives available based on room nights generated.
Start planning your next major event in accessible, affordable Central Florida.
LEARN & DISCOVER
Spend a Weekend in Winter Haven
We just published a video on YouTube showing how much fun a weekend in Winter Haven, FL can be for...See Details
Spend a Weekend in Lakeland
We’ve published a video on YouTube showing how much fun a weekend in Lakeland, FL can be for you and...See Details
Top 10 Reasons to Visit LEGOLAND Florida in 2021
In honor of LEGOLAND Florida Resort celebrating it’s 10th birthday in 2021, we’re giving you the top 10 reasons to...See Details
1 Day 2 Park Promo at LEGOLAND Florida
Get more out of your family vacation with a 1 Day 2 Park Promo at LEGOLAND Florida this January –...See Details
Family-Friendly Central Florida Spring Break Ideas
We’ve put together a Top 10 Family-Friendly Central Florida Spring Break Ideas for 2021. We hope to see you and...See Details