Se7en Wetlands is a large constructed treatment wetland that receives ALL of the City of Lakeland’s wastewater. This water utility has been in operation for more than 30 years and was just recently opened to the public. Se7en Wetlands is home to many creatures, both big and small!
Se7en Wetlands will host Black Friday Hike #OptOutside on November 29. Participants will meet at the Gopher Tortoise Gate, located in the southeast corner of Polk County’s Loyce Harpe Park. Follow the Se7en Wetlands trail head signs to the parking lot closest to the Gopher Tortoise Gate entrance.
This hike is limited to 15 participants and registration is required.
- Guided hikes will range from 1.5 to 3 miles total, most of which is on uneven, hard-packed earthen trails.
- Hikes and other events can take two to three (2-3) hours to complete.
- All minors need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Please wear sturdy, close-toe hiking shoes.
- Bring plenty of water and a snack.
- Bring any emergency first-aid medications you may need, like an epi-pen or inhaler.
- A hat, sunscreen and insect repellent are recommended, especially in the summer months.
- A set of binoculars and a camera are encouraged, but not mandatory.
- There are no restrooms on the trails, please use the facilities located at the trail heads.