Black & Brew is a popular downtown Lakeland cafe and coffee shop serving sandwiches, soups, salads, craft beer and locally roasted Patriot Coffee. Vegetarian and Vegan items available. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This laid back bistro is very welcoming to anyone and everyone, from people hosting business meetings to people bringing their own tablecloth and playing card games.
Light but Satisfying Deals
Black & Brew’s Half and Half Deal overs variation and unique offerings. Pair a half of any bistro or panini style sandwich with either a soup or a salad.
Sample Menu Items
- Bacon & Brie Sandwich: Egg, apple, Brie, bacon and caramelized onions on ciabatta, pressed
- Mortadella Sandwich: Egg, mortadella, brie cheese, giardiniera mayo, everything bagel
- Fruit, Nut & Yogurt Bowl: Greek yogurt, strawberries, apples, candied pecans, sunflower seeds and local honey
Lunch & Dinner
- Meltaway Sandwich: Oven-roasted beef, hickory smoked turkey breast, cheddar & Swiss cheeses and red onions served hot on a French baguette with a side of au jus for dipping
- Pimento Sandwich: House-made pimento cheese, house pickles and savory ham on Born & Bread Bakehouse sourdough country loaf, pressed
- Napa Valley Salad: Roasted sunflower seed kernels, golden raisins, grape tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese on a bed of romaine lettuce and spring mix
- Quinoa Salad: Organic white quinoa, sweet grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, cucumber and goat cheese tossed in olive oil and white wine vinegar, topped with a drizzle of sweet balsamic reduction
- Chimichurri Steak Flatbread: Tender sliced steak, mozzarella cheese, roasted marinated tomatoes, sliced onions and house-made chimichurri
- Roasted Eggplant & Spinach: House-made basil pesto, fresh spinach, roasted eggplant, mozzarella cheese, plum tomatoes, Gorgonzola cheese & caramelized onions
Check out Black & Brew Coffee House.
Black & Brew Coffee House
Black & Brew Coffee House & Bistro served its first customers on Valentine’s day 2006. It was a dream realized for two brothers who had long desired to open their own business in the city they grew up in. A 23-year-old Chris McArthur and 21-year-old Michael McArthur had little in the way of real experience or resources, but had plenty of energy, enthusiasm, optimism and a complimentary set of “do whatever it takes” attitudes. After connecting with some very forward thinking investors, that dream was brought to life and was received in a way that exceeded their every expectation. The community’s outpouring of love, support and patronage over the course of the last decade has built Black & Brew into a Lakeland institution.