Endless Fun in the Sun Awaits at LEGOLAND® Beach Retreat, All-New Accommodations Now Open at LEGOLAND Florida Resort
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (April 7, 2017) — Summer vacation lasts all year long at LEGOLAND Beach Retreat, all-new accommodations that give guests great new reasons to play — and stay — at LEGOLAND Florida Resort.
Set to the Beach Boys' classic hit "Surfin' Safari" and featuring a cast of kid performers, the high-energy grand opening ceremony ended with a burst of fireworks, followed by volleys of giant foam LEGO® bricks sailing into the sky from the roof of The Lighthouse, the new resort's 45-foot-tall icon.
Filled with creative LEGO® theming inside and out, the village-style vacation resort features brightly colored bungalows grouped into 13 horseshoe-shaped “coves” named after popular LEGO Minifigures. The fun begins almost immediately, thanks to a drive-through check-in process that will take you from your car to your cove in minutes. This speedy service makes staying at LEGOLAND Beach Retreat as carefree as a day at the beach.
Designed to look like larger-than-life LEGO sets, 83 bungalows offer 166 separate rooms that sleep up to five, including a cozy area just for kids with a bunk bed, trundle bed and privacy curtain. They’re an ideal solution for families and groups traveling together, or for those seeking a fun new way to vacation at LEGOLAND Florida Resort. Each cove has its own outdoor play area within view of the bungalows’ shaded patios, where mom and dad can relax while kids romp and run.
Opening less than two years after the debut of the popular 152-room LEGOLAND Hotel, and with its own unique, outdoor-themed amenities, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat more than doubles accommodations at the Florida vacation destination. Along with picturesque lake views and a giant LEGO lighthouse featuring a real rotating beacon, highlights also include:
- A giant swimming pool next to The Lighthouse, with an adjacent sandy area perfect for building sandcastles and the resort’s biggest outdoor play structure for kids.
- Sandy’s Castle Restaurant, featuring a bountiful menu of entrees, sides and desserts designed to please the palates of kids and grownups alike. A delicious breakfast buffet is included with each night’s stay.
- Bricks Beach Bar, offering an eclectic menu of made-to-order food, drinks and creative cocktails served both poolside and indoors.
- Palm Tree Traders, a large retail shop stocked with LEGO building sets and Minifigures, apparel, toys, swimwear, snacks and sundries.
- A hands-on LEGO building station where kids can contribute their original creations to a giant sandcastle made out of thousands of LEGO bricks.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the site.
- Complimentary transportation to the theme park entrance, as well as complimentary parking in LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s main parking lot for guests who choose to drive.
- Early access to the LEGOLAND Florida theme park, with exclusive use of some of the most popular attractions, including the all-new LEGO NINJAGO® World and LEGO NINJAGO The Ride.
Located three-quarters of a mile from the theme park entrance on the tranquil shores of Lake Dexter in Winter Haven, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat represents the latest milestone in the largest period of growth and expansion in the five-year history of LEGOLAND Florida Resort, with theming and architecture unique among the eight LEGOLAND resorts worldwide. The Florida site is the first LEGOLAND resort in North America to offer a second accommodation type for overnight and multi-day stays.
Nightly room rates start at $135 (plus tax and resort fee) and vary by season, date and availability. Packages including theme park tickets also are available, and Awesomer and Awesomest Annual Pass Members receive a 10 percent discount year-round. To book a stay, visit www.LEGOLAND.com/florida or call 877-350-5346 daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More than 50 rides, shows and attractions inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO® brands await at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, including experiences based on “The LEGO Movie™,” LEGO NINJAGO, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™, LEGO City, LEGO Technic and LEGO Friends. Upcoming events included with park admission include including KIDZ BOP Weekend (April 28-30), LEGO® Star Wars™ Days (May 6-7 and 13-14) and LEGOLAND Knight Lights (every Saturday and Sunday in July, plus Tuesday, July 4).
For more information about visiting LEGOLAND Florida Resort, including savings on advance purchase of admission tickets, multi-tier annual passes, special events, educational programs, services for guests with disabilities, VIP experiences, military discounts and much more, visit www.LEGOLAND.com/florida, or call 877-350-5346.