Picking blueberries at a local farm is way more fun than picking up a small plastic container of blueberries in the produce section of your local grocery store.
Central Florida’s Blueberry U-Pick Season
Of course Florida is known as one of the world’s leading citrus fruit providers, but we also have a lot of blueberry farms. U-pick blueberry season begins in March or April (depending on weather) and there’s probably a farm near you. Find the farm’s website or Facebook page to view their schedule; some farms are open six days a week while others are open one day a week.
Weather is a major factor, and affects the overall length of the season.
- Check the weather and plan accordingly. Bring water; wear sunscreen and a hat.
- Bring cash.
- Be sure to keep tabs on your children, and stay in designated areas.
- Working farms are likely to have areas with unlevel paths, possible fire ants and other potential hazards. Wear closed toe shoes.
- Follow instructions and only pick berries that are ripe and blue.
- Thank the farm owner/employees for hosting your visit, then brag about your experience on social media.
Blueberry U-Pick Farms
Polk County is big (4th largest county Florida) so we’ve sorted the farms by city.
Kirkland Farms Blueberry Farm – 2632 Old Medulla Rd., Lakeland, 33811
Lakeland Berries at Shady Oak – 3320 Shady Oak Dr. E, Lakeland, 33810
Oponay Farms – 5129 Hancock Lake Rd., Lakeland 33812 (blueberries and peaches)
The Berry Patch – 4226 Rifle Range Rd., Winter Haven 33880
Lonesome Oak Blueberry Farm – 2851 Thornhill Rd., Winter Haven 33880
Thomas Farms Blueberries – 2035 Gerber Dairy Rd., Winter Haven 33880
Whitehead’s Blueberry Farm – 1024 Macon Rd., Winter Haven 33880
BMB Farms – 4277 Old Eagle Lake Rd., Bartow 33830
James Farms – 2101 Dynamite Rd., Bartow 33830
S & S Micro Farm – 8451 Sinkhole Rd., Bartow 33830
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Blueberries are $4 per pound
- Farm has indoor bathrooms, cold drinks for sale and shady places for a picnic
- Mother’s Day: Free mimosas and live music from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Late Bloom Blueberry Farm – 115 Scenic Hwy., Haines City 33844
Ridge Island Groves – 6000 Polk City Rd., Haines City 33844 (blueberries and peaches)
Luna Berry Farms – 3132 K-Ville Ave., Auburndale 33823
Crown Jewel Farms – 106 Egg Farm Rd., Lake Wales 33859
Futch Family Farms – 12500 Old Grade Rd., Polk City 33868
Parish Family Farm – 100 Mitchell Rd., Eagle Lake 33839
True Blue Winery and Bistro – 604 Pink Apartment Rd, Davenport 33837