Top Things To Do in Lake Alfred
Lake Alfred’s abundant citrus and peach trees are pleasing to the eye. The city’s small-town feel makes it a great day-trip destination during your Central Florida vacation. Whether you’re looking to shop, eat, fish or hike, Lake Alfred has unique offerings for everyone.
Lake Alfred Activities
- Enjoy lunch at The Back Porch and then shop ’till you drop at Stable Home Decor and it’s sister shops, including The Barn Antiques.
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at Cornerstone Grille. Made from scratch, each meal is made to order with a goal of being 100% local sustainable. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options are available.
- Have lunch with your favorite ladies at Lavender and Lace Tearoom.
- Taste a signature dessert that has been featured on Food Network’s Epicurus at Lang’s Taste of Florida Café… grapefruit pie. No Central Florida vacation is complete without this!
- Learn about different galaxies, plants and observable constellations during Astronomy Night at the Mackay Gardens and Lakeside Preserve.
- Take a hike through the Hilochee Wildlife Management Area and keep an eye out for Bald Eagles, kingfishers, deer, fox and alligators.
- Shop for antiques at Biggar’s Antiques, Boone Antique Furniture Sales, and Potpourri Antiques & Molly’s Paperie.
- Have a picnic lunch and fish from the dock at Lake Swoope Park.
- Shop for antique tackle and other gifts at Ron’s Tackle Box.
- Tour the historic Mackay home at Mackay Gardens and Lakeside Preserve.
- Feast on raw oysters and conch fritters at Gary’s Oyster Bar & Seafood House.
- Make reservations at Luigi’s Famous Pizza and Pasta and surprise your significant other with a romantic evening out.