Ribs on the Ridge
Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 27, 2016
Each February, in affiliation with the Florida Bar-B-Que Association, the Haines City Leisure Services Department hosts Ribs on the Ridge at Lake Eva Park. This event draws barbecue teams from across Florida and other states. Professional and amateur teams compete for cash prizes, trophies and “bragging rights.” This is also an opportunity to expose local residents to the art of outdoor barbecue cooking.
- February 26 from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- February 27 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
This competition sanctioned by the Florida Bar-B-Que Association, is a qualifier for:
- The Jack Daniels Invitational, the super bowl of BBQ world championships
- The American Royal in Kansas City, MO which is the largest and oldest contest world championship
- The Florida Bar-B-Que Associations new invitational – Sonny’s Smokin’ Showdown Invitational
New in 2016: Orange Blossom Half Marathon and 5K. To register, go to runsignup.com.