We have many local Christmas events and activities happening in our communities and cities throughout Central Florida’s Polk County, including Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort and Bok Tower Garden’s Holiday Home Tour and Sunset & Symphony Holiday Concert.
Family Friendly Holiday Events
The Lakeland Center is getting a serious cold front, November 24 – 29 and December 20 – January 3, with the return of public ice skating. While it is not specifically a holiday event, the tradition eases participants into the holiday spirit by adding a chill to the air and giving them a reason to celebrate sweater weather.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort celebrates the holiday season with Christmas Bricktacular, every weekend in December through the 27th, plus December 28-30. Festivities include the daily lighting of a 270,000 LEGO brick Christmas tree, life-size LEGO Santa, reindeer and sleigh, festive decorations, LEGO build activity, a LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt and holiday entertainment.
Holiday Home Tour at Pinewood Estate
A favorite with visitors and locals alike, Christmas at Bok Tower Gardens will again feature the Holiday Home Tour at Pinewood Estate from November 27 through January 3, 2016. Central Florida designers and volunteers will transform the 20-room Mediterranean-style, 1930s mansion into a winter wonderland. Children are encouraged to tour the 1930’s-style home and are invited to search for The Elf on the Shelf. Bok Tower Gardens hosts evening concerts year-round including Sunset & Symphony, a holiday concert on December 5.
Christmas at the Ramon
The Ramon Theatre in Frostproof presents Christmas at the Ramon on December 5 at 2:00 p.m., a holiday themed program for the entire family to enjoy. Adults can ring in the New Year at the Ramon’s Murder Mystery Dinner, Quicker than the Eye, on December 31. Admission includes a sparkling beverage, party favors and the Ramon’s own “cast of characters”. Advance reservations are required.
Be sure to Shop Local this season. Polk County has great boutiques, antique and specialty stores, citrus, candy and novelty gift shops, in addition to numerous retail shopping centers and major department stores. So finish off your shopping list and treat yourself to a little retail therapy afterward.
The Polk County History Center is proud to host their annual Festival of Wreaths, November 20 - December 12. Each wreath is sold via silent auction with all proceeds benefitting the History Center.
Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club's Christmas in the Village
Celebrate the holidays with friends and family during Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club's Christmas in the Village in Fort Meade. You’ll start your Christmas in the Village journey on some sort of trailer with seating and journey through many acres learning about the village and gazing upon thousands of Christmas lights as they shine in the dark of the night.
While you’re here, plan to catch one of our many local Christmas parades and winter celebrations.
- Winter Haven Tree Lighting Ceremony in Central Park - November 28 at 6:30 p.m.
- Junior League of Greater Lakeland’s Christmas Parade – December 3 at 7:00 p.m.
- Auburndale Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – December 3 at 10:00 p.m.
- Lake Wales’ “An Animated Christmas” – December 4 from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Auburndale and Winter Haven’s “Havendale Christmas Parade” – December 4 at 7:00 p.m.
- Auburndale Santa Bash - December 5 all day
- Polk City Christmas Parade – December 5 at 2:00 p.m.
- Old Fort Mead Christmas Festival and Parade – December 5 at 5:30 p.m.
- Haines City’s Christmas Parade – December 5th at 6:00 p.m.
- Winter Haven Chain of Lakes Boat Parade - December 5 at 6:30 p.m.
- Lake Alfred’s “An Enchanted Christmas” – December 5, 2016 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Carols in the Park in Winter Haven's Central Park - December 3 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., December 6, Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Downtown Bartow Christmas Parade – December 11 at 6:00 p.m.
- Christmas Notes at Homeland Heritage Park - December 12 from 5:00 P.M. - 8:00 p.m.
- Davenport’s “Winterfest” – December 12 at 7:00 p.m.
- Mulberry’s “Toyland Christmas” – December 12 at 4:00 p.m.
- Visit Santa Claus at our Visitor Information Center in Davenport - December 19 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Outstanding Holiday Entertainment
The Lakeland Center will host numerous holiday performances including the Imperial Symphony Orchestra’s Sounds of the Season Concert on December 8, An Irish Christmas on December 22 and the Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker on December 30.
Other notable events include Lake Wales Chorale’s Christmas Concert on December 11, Florida Flywheeler's Antique Engine Club’s Christmas in the Village December 11 – 12, Home for the Holidays: The Christmas Gala on December 12 and Sounds of the Season on December 18.
We have many more wonderful events and activities taking place all across Polk County, as well as the best places to stay in Central Florida, and tips for making your time in Central Florida merry and bright. Happy Holidays!