We have many local Christmas events and activities happening in our communities and cities throughout Central Florida’s Polk County, including Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort and Bok Tower Garden’s Holiday Home Tour and Sunset & Symphony Holiday Concert.
Full Parade Schedule:
- Winter Haven Tree Lighting Ceremony in Central Park - November 30, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Polk City Christmas Parade – December 2, 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Fort Meade Christmas Festival and Parade – December 2, 6:00 p.m.
- Haines City’s Glitter, Glisten & Snow – December 2, 6:00 p.m.
- Carols in the Park in Winter Haven's Central Park - December 2-3, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Auburndale Lights in the Park - December 7, 5:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Junior League of Greater Lakeland Christmas Parade – December 7, 7:00 p.m.
- Downtown Bartow Christmas Parade – December 8, 6:00 p.m.
- Havendale Christmas Parade - December 8, 7:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Winter Haven Chain of Lakes Boat Parade - December 9, 6:00 p.m.
- Lake Alfred Christmas Parade - December 9, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Davenport Winterfest – December 9, 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Mulberry Christmas Village and Parade – December 10, 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Winter Haven's Snow Central - December 15 at 6:00 p.m.
Family Friendly Holiday Events
LEGOLAND Florida Resort celebrates the holiday season with Christmas Bricktacular, December 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-25. Festivities include the daily lighting of a 270,000 LEGO brick Christmas tree, life-size LEGO Santa, reindeer and sleigh, festive decorations, LEGO build activity, a LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt and holiday entertainment.
RP Funding Center will host Public Ice Skating from December 26 - January 1. You are sure to have a blast and stay in the holiday spirit; professionals and first-timers are welcome.
Holiday Home Tour at Pinewood Estate
For the 2017-18 edition, the Holiday Home Tour takes a musical turn celebrating Charles Austin Buck’s passion for music and the legendary American music of the 1930’s.
The year is 1936 and Mr. Buck is bringing his children and grandchildren to Pinewood Estate for the holidays. The family is caught up in the fever of the Jazz Age and is excited to share their fully decorated home for the season. Experience the sounds of Louie Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller and more as Pinewood Estate is “Merry & Bright” for the holidays!
Find the full schedule on our blog: Christmas at Bok Tower Gardens.
Festival of Wreaths
The Polk County History Center is proud to host their annual Festival of Wreaths, November 2 through December 14. Each wreath is sold via silent auction with all proceeds benefiting the History Center.
Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club's Christmas in the Village
Celebrate the holidays with friends and family during Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club's Christmas in the Village in Fort Meade. You’ll start your Christmas in the Village journey on some sort of trailer with seating and journey through many acres learning about the village and gazing upon thousands of Christmas lights as they shine in the dark of the night.
Outstanding Holiday Entertainment
In a stark departure from traditional holiday dance performances, the Ultimate Dance Center presents The Ultimate Nightmare Before Christmas on December 2 and 3. The performance will be a homage to Tim Burton's stop-motion animation film through jazz, hip hop, ballet and contemporary dance. This is a colorful, expressive, creative show will emphasizes the story of being true to yourself.
The RP Funding Center will host numerous holiday performances including Cirque Dreams Holidaze on November 17, Bill Gaither & the Gaither Christmas Homecoming on November 30, Imperial Symphony Orchestra's Holiday Concert on December 12, The TEN Tenors Home for the Holidays on December 16, A Charlie Brown Christmas Live! On Stage on December 20 and Moscow Ballet Great Russian Nutcracker on December 28.
We have many more wonderful events and activities taking place all across Polk County, as well as the best places to stay in Central Florida, and tips for making your time in Central Florida merry and bright. Happy Holidays!