Bok Tower Gardens rings in the spring blooming season with an all new festival dedicated to highlighting the cultural and horticultural arts.
Peak Bloom celebrates the majesty of Mother Nature with a full calendar of events and beautiful floral displays in each room of Pinewood Estate.
Nearly 50 acres of landscaped gardens transform into a rainbow of color each winter at Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales. Visitors enjoying a Central Florida vacation will notice more than 150 varieties of camellias, hundreds of azaleas along with nun’s orchids, irises, violas, snapdragons, dianthus, hollyhocks and more during Peak Bloom.
Peak Bloom Tours
Volunteer garden guides lead visitors on an hour-long winter walking tour, sharing information about the winter flora and fauna, with tours leading from the Visitor Center to the Singing Tower.
Get more information about daily tours on our Calendar of Events.
Monday - Friday at 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m., and Sundays at 2:00 p.m.
Abloom with Music and More
Like the blooms that fill the Gardens, live music will delight visitors throughout the two-month festival. The visual centerpiece of the National Historic Landmark is the 205-foot art deco and neo-Gothic Singing Tower, a pink marble and coquina stone architectural treasure that houses one of the world's finest carillons. The 60 carillon bells ring every half hour and during daily concerts at 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
More Reasons to Visit
If you’re not already convinced, here are Bok Tower Gardens’ Top 10 Reasons to Visit During Peak Bloom:
- Garden photography with a beautiful spring backdrop.
- Daily Guided Garden Tours. Get more information about daily tours and events on our Calendar of Events.
- Hearing Geert D’hollander play the carillon live at 1 & 3 p.m. (Thursday-Sunday).
- Hiking the 1.5 mile Preserve Trail and seeing the citrus up-close.
- Enjoying food tastings and special events in the Outdoor Kitchen.
- Enjoying an ice cream while watching for hummingbirds at the Blue Palmetto Café.
- Picnicking on the Great Lawn.
- Learning about horticulture during workshops and and Lunch & Learns.
- Indoor concerts in the Visitor Center and Pinewood Estate.
- Shopping in the Tower & Garden Gift Shop for a unique treasure or plant to take home.
Hammock Hollow Children's Garden
Think back to when you played outdoors as a child. What did those moments mean to you?
Bok Tower Gardens' new 2.7-acre children's garden opened in 2017. A place of hands-on fun, natural beauty and creative play. A place to discover, explore, pretend, search and splash. A place to learn about plants, nature and where food comes from.
Reflecting the unique spirit of Bok Tower Gardens, this garden teaches children about conservation and their vital connection to both animals and plants. There is beautiful art, cooling water features, vibrant plantings, a boardwalk, performance stage and music area. Children have things to climb on, under and through, as well as places to build, dig and create.
Read more about Hammock Hollow on our Blog.