Discover the beauty of spring during Bok Tower Garden’s Peak Bloom in Lake Wales.
Nearly 50 acres of landscaped gardens transform into a rainbow of color each spring at Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales, Florida. Visitors of the tranquil gardens will notice more than 150 varieties of camellias, hundreds of azaleas along with nun’s orchids, irises, violas, snapdragons, dianthus, hollyhocks and more during Peak Bloom.
While those up north observe the fall’s changing of tree leaves, Central Floridians and area visitors celebrate spring’s blooming of not only flowers, but of trees as well, and it just so happens that Bok Tower Gardens is home to native plums, pink and yellow tabebuia and deciduous magnolias that will bloom with the flowers during this spectacular season.
As with anything in nature, the exact date, however, is hard to predict but staff expects the azaleas to peak the third week in February and continue through March.
More Reasons to Visit
If you’re not already convinced, here are Bok Tower Gardens’ Top 10 Reasons to Visit During Peak Bloom:
- Garden photography with a beautiful spring backdrop.
- Daily Guided Garden Tours.
- Watching Geert D’hollander play the carillon live at 1 & 3 p.m. (Thursday-Sunday).
- Hiking the 1.5 mile Preserve Trail and seeing the citrus up-close.
- Geocaching on the Pine Ridge Trail with friends.
- Enjoying an ice cream while watching for hummingbirds at the Blue Palmetto Café.
- Picnicking on the Great Lawn.
- Learning about horticulture from the Great Garden Speaker Series.
- Indoor concerts in the Visitor Center and Pinewood Estate.
- Shopping in the Tower & Garden Gift Shop for a unique treasure or plant to take home.
New Children's Garden to Open in July 2016
Think back to when you played outdoors as a child. What did those moments mean to you?
Coming this summer is Bok Tower Gardens' new 2.7-acre children's garden. A place of hands-on fun, natural beauty and creative play. A place to discover, explore, pretend, search and splash. A place to learn about plants, nature and where food comes from.
Reflecting the unique spirit of Bok Tower Gardens, this garden will teach children about conservation and their vital connection to both animals and plants. There will be beautiful art, cooling water features, vibrant plantings, a boardwalk, performance stage and music area. Children will having things to climb on, under and through, as well as places to build, dig and create.