Places to Go and Things to See in Lakeland
While you’re in town, be sure to feed the swans at Lake Morton and tour some of Lakeland’s most notable structures, including The Terrace Hotel, Polk Theatre, and Polk Museum of Art at Florida Southern College. Here’s to hoping you get a few ideas for things to do in Lakeland on your upcoming trip.
Unique Places to Eat
1. Stop by Born & Bread Bakehouse on Saturday morning and enjoy a fresh baked cruffin, breakfast roll or a slice of cake.
2. Enjoy a cup of coffee at Concord Coffee, Hillcrest Coffee, Mitchell’s Coffee House or Black & Brew Coffee House & Bistro.
3. People watch downtown while dining at Nineteen61 or Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille.
4. Check out the craft beer: Brew Hub, Cob & Pen, Craft + Kitchen, Swan Brewing and Red Door Lakeland.
5. Eat at some of our Local Favorites: Café Zuppina, Cafe Roti, Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille or Abuelos Mexican Restaurant.
6. One of our favorite new cafes is Pressed Books and Coffee, an independent bookstore and coffeeshop located in the Downtown area
7. Drink and enjoy live entertainment at Revival or Union Hall.
8. Enjoy 9 unique food vendors, all under one roof, at Lakeland’s first food hall: The Joinery.
9. Looking for a refreshing smoothie, boba tea, or acai bowl on a hot Florida day? Stop by Tea Largo for an Instagram worthy snack!
10. Get a free steak on your birthday or just go to taste the best hand-cut and seasoned steaks at Texas Cattle Company.
11. Have bottomless mimosas with brunch at Frescos or enjoy a fine dining setting with delicious eggs benedict at Terrace Grille.
Scout & Tag in Lakeland
Shopping in Lakeland
12. Visit the Downtown Farmers Curb Market on Saturday.
13. Stop by downtown on the First Friday of every month and enjoy the local artisans and market.
14. Find the best antique home décor, plants, and gifts at Scout & Tag.
15. See a movie at the historic Polk Theatre.
16. Visit the museums: Polk Museum of Art, Florida Children’s Museum and Florida Air Museum.
17. Pile into the car and enjoy a first-run movie at the Silver Moon Drive-In Theatre. Be sure to visit the nostalgically decorated refreshment center where you’ll find photos of drive-in theatres from days gone by.
18. Stroll down the Frances Langford Promenade and through Hollis Garden, a botanic garden set in a neo-classical architectural setting with patterned flower beds, public art and fountains.
19. See a show at RP Funding Center, Lakeland Community Theatre, or Lakeland Symphony Orchestra.
20. Sample food from 20+ food trucks during the Thursday Squared Food Truck Rally.
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Annie Pfeiffer Chapel
20. Visit Florida Southern College and tour the world’s largest one-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture.
21. Go on a wildlife safari by vehicle or camel back at Safari Wilderness.
22. Find out why USA Today Travel recognized Circle B Bar Reserve as one of the 51 Great Places to See Wildlife in 2011. Hint: lots, and lots, and LOTS of alligators, ducks, birds, bald eagles, and butterflies.
23. See the stars of the Major League Baseball in action during the Detroit Tigers’ spring training season, or Lakeland Flying Tigers’ minor league season. The Tigers have called Lakeland home every February-March since 1934. Joker Merchant Stadium has been voted the best place to see Spring Training in the Grapefruit League.
24. Hike through pine forests, cypress domes and open pastures in the Green Swamp Wilderness Area at Colt Creek State Park.
25. Bring out your creative side through painting pottery or making mosaics at PicassoZ Art Café.
26. Search for clues, solve puzzles, and work together with your friends and family to beat the clock and escape the challenge within 60 minutes at one of Lakeland’s two escape rooms: Lakeland Escape Room or Escapology Escape Rooms Lakeland.
27. Throw axes to your heart’s content while sipping local coffee, beer or wine at Lakeland’s own Ax-Caliber.
28. Visit The Polk Museum of Art, one of the top museums in Central Florida, featuring unique exhibits, events and educational programs.
Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce can provide additional information about the area.