Detroit Tigers Spring Training in Lakeland
Lakeland has been the home of the Detroit Tigers Spring Training games since 1966. Spring training is the closest you can get to the way baseball used to be, the way it should be. Tickets are affordable and cozy stadiums are rich with history. Players are relaxed and approachable. In fact, fans are welcome to interact with players and often get lucky enough to return home with an autograph and cool story. Joker Merchant Stadium underwent multiple renovations in 2017 to enhance the overall experience of Spring Training baseball games today.
Proposed COVID-19 Safety Measures
City of Lakeland and the Tigers will be submitting a COVID-19 plan to Major League Baseball. The proposed plan includes limiting capacity to 20-25% in stands, 50% in party areas (including The Berm), and seats within 6-feet of dugout will not be for sale. For more information about Spring Training COVID restrictions, go to theledger.com.
Planning a Spring Training Vacation
Use the guide below during your next trip to TigerTown. We’ve included recommendations for restaurants, places to stay, and things to do all within minutes of the stadium. You will find the 2021 home game schedule on our Calendar of Events. Before you arrive, review this area’s mask requirements.
Purchase Spring Training Tickets
Single day tickets are available for purchase through mytickets.tickets.com.
Hotels Near TigerTown
Looking for a place to stay during your Spring Training vacation? Use the links below to get more information about hotels within just a few miles from TigerTown.
TownePlace Suites by Marriot, 3370 US Hwy 98 N., Lakeland, FL 33805. (863) 680-1115
The Terrace Hotel, 329 E Main St., Lakeland, FL 33801. (863) 688-0800
Extended Stay America – Lakeland-I-4, 4360 Lakeland Park Dr., Lakeland, FL 33809. (863) 904-2050
Hampton Inn and Suites Lakeside Village, 3630 Lakeside Village Blvd., Lakeland, FL 33803. (863) 603-7600
You’ll find a complete directory of hotels, vacation rental homes, and campgrounds in our Stay section.
Things to Do Before and After a Game
Near Interstate 4 at Highways 98 & 33
Visit the unique Downtown Lakeland
- Grab a quick bite to eat at Black and Brew Coffee House and Bistro or The Joinery
- Stop for a coffee at Concord Coffee, Hillcrest Coffee, or Ax-Caliber Axe Venue and Coffee House
- Shop around at Scout & Tag or Top Buttons Boutique
- Eat dinner at Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille, Nineteen61, or Texas Cattle Company
- Have some fun at Lakeland Escape Room, Escapology, Ax-Caliber or Rec Room
- Enjoy a drink at Revival or The Poor Porker
- Visit Hollis Garden or Circle B Bar Reserve
Shop and Eat at Lakeland Park Center
- Shopping includes: Target, TJ Maxx, Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Restaurants options: Ford’s Garage, Olive Garden, Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill
- Need a cup of coffee? Starbucks is in this plaza as well
Near Exit 5 off Polk Parkway
Shop and Eat at the outdoor shopping center: Lakeside Village
- Visit shops like Belk, FitNiche, or Kohl’s
- Grab dinner at Grillsmith, Abuelos, or Glory Days
- Watch a movie at the CMX Cinema- Lakeside 18 & IMAX