Top Things To Do in Auburndale
- Dig into Southern Tomato Pie or a Margarita Salmon Salad at Sweet Magnolia’s Tea Bistro. Sweet Magnolia’s also serves Afternoon Tea with fresh fruit, scones and Devonshire, mini-croissant sandwiches and tidbit desserts.
- Let your kids wear themselves out while running, climbing and sliding at the playground downtown.
- If barbecue is your thing, you can’t miss Peebles Bar-B-Que. Open Thursday – Saturday, Peebles is an Auburndale institution and is even highlighted in Garden & Gun Magazine’s Best of Hidden Florida feature.
- Get on the water at Elite Cable Park on Lake Myrtle. Beginners and experienced athletes will have an awesome afternoon on the water while they wakeboard, kneeboard and waterski on a cable system. Grab lunch or dinner next door at Tantrums Lakeside Grill.
- Take a step back in time during a visit to Auburndale’s Historic Baynard House Museum. Built in 1894, the house is can be toured by appointment or during one of the city’s special events.
- Take a stroll or ride along the Auburndale TECO Trail, a 5.5-mile multiuse trail passing through Lake Myrtle Sports Park.
- If you’re traveling with dogs, let them make new friends at the dog park, located near the TECO Trail trailhead.
- Eat pizza cut into squares at Pizza Connection, another Local Favorite. Insider Tip: Order your pizza well done for crispy cheese.
- Watch race cars drive in circles at Auburndale Speedway most Saturday nights, from February – November. Classes include Sportsman, Street Stock, Modified Minis, Mini Stocks, and Strictly Stock.
- Cool off with a milkshake from The Shake Shoppe, right across the street from the downtown park. They also serve hot dogs, hamburgers and pork sandwiches.
Auburndale Chamber of Commerce can provide additional information about the area.