Places to Go and Things to See in Auburndale
Historic and quaint Auburndale is one of Central Florida’s smaller cities, but it definitely has a lot to offer. With the area’s only cable water park, one of Florida’s best RV resorts, and many unique restaurants that you won’t find anywhere else, your time in Auburndale will no short of exceptional.
Places to Eat
1. Dig into Southern Tomato Pie or a Margarita Salmon Salad at Sweet Magnolia’s Tea Bistro. Sweet Magnolia’s also serves Afternoon Tea with fresh fruit, scones and Devonshire, mini-croissant sandwiches and tidbit desserts.
2. If barbecue is your thing, you can’t miss Peebles Bar-B-Q. Open Thursday – Saturday, Peebles is an Auburndale institution and is even highlighted in Garden & Gun Magazine’s Best of Hidden Florida feature.
3. Eat pizza cut into squares at Pizza Connection, another Local Favorite. Insider Tip: Order your pizza well done for crispy cheese.
4. Cool off with a milkshake from The Shake Shoppe, right across the street from the downtown park. They also serve hot dogs, hamburgers and pork sandwiches.
6. For a classic Diner experience with all the fixins’, head over to the popular Auburndale Main Street Diner.
Arts and Culture
Activities in Auburndale
7. Take a step back in time during a visit to Auburndale’s Historic Baynard House Museum. Built in 1894, the house is can be toured by appointment or during one of the city’s special events.
8. Get on the water at Elite Cable Park on Lake Myrtle. Beginners and experienced athletes will have an awesome afternoon on the water while they wakeboard, kneeboard and waterski on a cable system. Grab lunch or dinner next door at Tantrums Lakeside Grill.
9. Find affordable, hand-picked fashions at Modern Me Boutique.
10. Let your kids wear themselves out while running, climbing and sliding at the playground downtown.
11. Take a stroll or ride along the Auburndale TECO Trail, a 5.5-mile multiuse trail passing through Lake Myrtle Sports Park.
12. If you’re traveling with dogs, let them make new friends at the dog park, located near the TECO Trail trailhead.
13. Watch race cars drive in circles at Auburndale Speedway most Saturday nights, from February – November. Classes include Sportsman, Street Stock, Modified Minis, Mini Stocks, and Strictly Stock.
Auburndale Chamber of Commerce can provide additional information about the area.