The 2022 MLB season is almost upon us and Tigertown in Lakeland, Florida, is gearing up for the Detroit Tigers Spring Training against some of the biggest hitters in baseball.
Detroit Tigers Spring Training 2022
Located between Orlando and Tampa, about an hour from each, Lakeland is the perfect place to catch a Spring Training game. So grab your peanuts and Cracker Jacks and cheer on your favorite MLB team.
The Best Stadium in the Grapefuit League
With 190,000 square feet of fun and excitement mixed with America’s favorite pastime, Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium is a must-see Central Florida landmark with activities that everyone will enjoy.
The 9,000 person seating capacity stadium, voted the best of the Grapefruit League Ballparks is ready to host the anticipated Detroit Tigers spring training games against the Yankees, Braves, Rays, Red Sox, and more.
Multiple Seating Options
There are multiple seating options, including traditional stadium seating, grass and picnic areas, and premium indoor accommodations. Since Florida offers plenty of beautiful sunshine, 41% of the seats are covered, with the option of a roof extender for additional shade.
- A unique seating option, perfect for large groups is the Berm, a 45-foot sloped hill with a capacity of 400 people that encompasses all of left field.
- If you’re looking for more upscale seating, The 34 Club, presented by Miller Lite, offers 203 air-conditioned indoor and covered outdoor seat options with an all-you-can-eat buffet.
- The Hooters Dugout is the hotspot for meeting players and snagging autographs while partaking in an all-you-can-eat Hooters and ballpark food selection.
- The Margaritaville Deck and the Pepsi Pavilion are the perfect spots to take in the game with all your friends.
You will definitely not leave the game hungry. Of course they’re serving up traditional stadium eats such as hotdogs and hamburgers, brats with sauerkraut, turkey burgers, and grilled chicken sandwiches. However, at the back of the main concourse, you’ll find delicious, unconventional food options such as big turkey legs, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ nachos, and a Flint-style Coney Island dog. Beer lovers – be sure to check out the craft beer bar on the first base side concourse and sip on some creative Florida brews and other popular draft selections.
All About Lakeland
Experience all Lakeland has to offer when planning your spring training trip. Relax and soak up the serene downtown atmosphere by shopping unique local boutiques, taking a stroll around iconic Lake Mirror, and enjoying exclusive Lakeland dining like Nineteen61, Fresco’s, Black and Brew, and Palace Pizza.
Explore your adventurous side and take in the beauty of Central Florida’s nature scene by hiking the trails of Circle B Bar Reserve or Colt Creek State Park and immerse yourself in the native habitat of some of Florida’s most awe-inspiring views and wildlife.
For all you thrill seekers, take on the challenge of the Loyce E. Harpe Park (a.k.a Carter Road) 13-mile single-track mountain biking trail with adventure for all skill levels, or schedule your paintball experience at Off The Wall Adventures & Outfitters.
Check out the Detroit Tigers Spring Training schedule below and catch a game at TigerTown this season! Also, visit our events page for special happenings in Central Florida and start planning your getaway today.
2022 Spring Training Home Schedule
● Friday, February 25 vs. Southeastern University (Exhibition game)
● Saturday, February 26 vs. Washington Nationals
● Monday, February 28 vs. Atlanta Braves
● Wednesday, March 2 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
● Saturday, March 5 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
● Sunday, March 6 vs. St. Louis Cardinals
● Tuesday, March 8 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
● Thursday, March 10 vs. Tampa Bay Rays
● Saturday, March 12 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
● Tuesday, March 15 vs. New York Yankees
● Thursday, March 17 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
● Friday, March 18 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
● Sunday, March 20 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
● Tuesday, March 22 vs. Baltimore Orioles
● Thursday, March 24 vs. Minnesota Twins
● Friday, March 25 vs. Boston Red Sox
● Sunday, March 27 vs. New York Yankees
● Monday, March 28 vs. Tampa Bay Rays
Individual game tickets for Detroit Tigers Spring Training 2022 will be available for purchase starting January 15, 2022 at the TigerTown box office. For additional ticket information and special group pricing, call the Lakeland ticket office at (866) 668-4437 or visit tigers.com/springtraining.
Get all the details for the Detroit Tigers Spring Training 2022 season, and where to stay, where to eat, and what to see nearby at our dedicated Tigers page.
Kick off your Spring Training Season by attending the traditional Tiger Barbeque at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium, held this year on February 23rd.